WNYIL, Inc. is seeking applications for a Statewide Engagement Coordinator within the Young Leaders and Advocates Network (YLAN).
Reporting to the YLAN Director, the Statewide Engagement Coordinator coordinates network activities including marketing & communications, events, committees, and more!
This statewide position is open to people with disabilities and experience as a youth in a state system with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience organizing youth advocacy and leadership efforts.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate social marketing and communications efforts.
- Act as staff coordinator for the statewide committees, including the recruitment of members, meeting logistics and recordkeeping.
- Act as a lead coordinator for the Statewide Youth Summit and other engagement events.
- Recruit membership and ensure membership information is organized.
- Build and sustain a network of groups and councils to collaborate and share information.
- Coordinate youth/young adult forums and focus groups.
- Assist groups in starting and sustaining.
- Identify young leaders to participate in statewide, regional and local planning councils.
- Organize youth/young adult input for statewide advocacy, as well as helping to increase involvement statewide.
- Gather, compile and assess input from YLAN members and the young people the network engages.
- Contribute to training and education initiatives, including the development and facilitation of curriculum.
- Present and distribute information about YLAN, its mission, policy, agenda and activities.
- Serve on committees/councils/taskforces as a representative of YLAN.
- Seek input from youth and provide information on all committee work.
- Advocate and promote interests of YLAN in the community, state and nation.
- Support the reporting and evaluation of the program.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong team leadership and collaboration abilities, and a desire to advocate for the rights of others. Since this position operates remotely with a required ability to travel independently statewide, candidates may be located anywhere in New York State. Learn more about the role and requirements through the posting linked below.
Closing Date: October 7, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to: Tina Brown, CHRCOWNY Independent Living, Inc,3108 Main St.Buffalo, N.Y. 14214Employment@wnyil.org